21 2 / 2012
Chickpeas are good for you. Beets are good for you. Combine them? SO good for you. And so tasty! I could eat this stuff with a spoon.
- one can chickpeas, drained
- half a can of beets, drained (reserved one tablespoon beet juice)
- three tablespoons olive oil
- one clove fresh garlic, minced
- cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper
In a medium sized pot or large pan saute garlic in olive oil on medium for a few minutes. Add chickpeas, beets, and reserved beet juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add a teaspoon of cumin, a dash of paprika, and a dash of chili powder, cover and cook for ten minutes. Blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more olive oil is texture is too dry!